Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In A Loving Memory of Hide


In a loving memory of Hideto Matsumoto (Hide)


13th December 1964 - 2nd May 1998

Hide, a member of X-Japan since 1987 till the disbanding of that group in 1997 but however he did his solo career and released his first album in 1994, Hide Your Face. Later on another album was released, Psyence.

For ofcoz his death was a shocked to everyone back then.

hide passed away May 2, 1998. He was drunk that morning. A girlfriend brought him to bed but when she went to check on him an hour later, he was not in his room. He had hanged himself with a ripped towel in his bathroom apartment, having tied the towel to the doorknob. He was barely alive when the ambulance arrived, but he later died in the hospital. Hideto was only 33. Four fans around the country attempted suicide when the news were made public, two of them succeeding.

Took this on the net...

The remaining members of X Japan performed "Forever Love" at the funeral, and the band leader Yoshiki gave a speech. He was crying and shaking so hard that he was struggling to hold onto the paper on which he had written the speech. It read, in part:


"I'm very shocked to hear about his death. I still can't believe what has happened. Right now, he's sleeping with a beautiful face. I tried to wake him up many times, but he's still sleeping.
"Between the five of us, hide was the one who kept his calm and thought out things. Even though I was the leader, he was the calm one who gave me good advice when I was being short tempered and emotional. Of course with all that pressure, he too almost lost his identity. But during those hard times, he'd always give me a call. We would talk about X, music, friends, life, fans, almost anything. He was like a big brother to me and sometimes like a young brother too. We'd drink together and sometimes fight. But the next day, he'd come to me and say, 'Yoshiki, have I done something last night? I'm sorry, I don't remember a thing.' But this time, he didn't say anything back to me... sleeping.
"To all fans and friends, you must all be confused. I also cannot express this sadness in words, but we must understand and accept this painful reality. Everyone please watch over his eternal sleep warmly."

Ah well...today is Hide's 9th year death anniversary. To those who knows him, let's take a moment to remember him and his music that had inspired all. I dont really know this guy as much as others might but he'll be remembered all the time.

::-Rest In Peace Hide-::

Here's a video of Forever Love by X-Japan made by his fan...


0 Thoughtful Crap(s):